People who don’t see the use case for the “desk” mode of the Smart Keyboard Folio clearly haven’t sat in a recliner with their iPad.
Well this could certainly be an issue… my Yeti microphone lights up when I plug it into the new iPad but it doesn’t get recognized. Glad I haven’t sold my 10.5 yet. Anyone else able to reproduce this issue? I wouldn’t be heartbroken if I have to get a hub with power delivery, but I thought iPad would be able to supply enough power.
Mind you I was only able to thumb around the iPad for a few minutes while it was still redownloading everything before having to head out but here are some quick thoughts.
- Wow this guy is pretty unwieldy in hand. Notably heavier than my 10.5, which feels impossibly light.
- I like how the keyboard includes the number row. I do not like the delete key location because it totally messes with my muscle memory of how iPads work.
- I can’t wait to get my Apple Pencil and more importantly the Keyboard Folio for this device. I feel like I can’t properly evaluate it and compare it to my 10.5 until that occurs. 1
- Curse Apple for forcing the home indicator on this device. Almost all my apps have not been updated and have the black borders. And some apps that have been “updated” like Facebook Messenger look horrid with a punted black status bar and home indicator strip. I hope this improves quickly.
- I opened Ferrite and am very excited to edit tomorrow’s podcast on this guy.
By the way, I suppose I am officially ready to get rid of my 10.5 inch iPad Pro2. If you’re interested I’m looking to sell it for 700 with Smart Keyboard, Apple Pencil, and the Lightning to USB and Power adapter which is 950+ new from Apple today.
Maryland was deemed gerrymandered af. Glad they plan to fix it. Here’s the thing – it’s a solved problem. If they don’t use a purely algorithmic approach, I don’t think we’re making progress.
I’d love to hear Apple’s rationale for the Home Indicator on iPad Pro given that home button iPads work identically without it. This is made even worse given the fact that it breaks otherwise fine apps from going edge to edge.
“Your guy’s unabated enthusiasm for voting helped me get my butt out there today. Now imma lie in bed and watch queer eye and pass out”
Early in the year, my old coworker, Jun, and I were discussing how we missed our lunch time chats where we’d overanalyze various things going on in our lives. As two people who love podcasts, naturally we thought why not make a show of these conversations.
It has taken some time for us to get in a rhythm and find our stride, but today we’re announcing our fortnightly podcast Overanalyzed. There are six episodes up. The most recent one is fitting for today – it’s about taxation. Subscribe if you’d like and tell a friend!
This acoustic cover of Mystic Rhythms is absolutely magestic.
Imagining a world where Xcode runs on iPad Pro. The “simulator” would be the actual device, a second monitor can be plugged into the USB C port. Gimme.